Monday, May 27, 2013

Pattycake, Pattycake ...

Don't we all just love a good fritter?



This week we continue our fabulous journey with the equally fabulous Yotam Ottolenghi, and we're turning our attention to those veritable crowd pleasers ... fritters, latkes, vegetable pancakes, patties, burgers, fishcakes, etc.

Whatever, you like to call them, Yotam has a pattycake to please every palate.  So pick any Ottolenghi recipe, and post your pattie by Sunday 2 June.

Don't forget to link your dish, as well as a thumbnail image, below.  Please remember to leave a comment after you link so that we don't miss out on your dish.

New to IHCC?  Need help linking up?  Check out our Welcome pageIf you have any questions please leave a comment below and we will get back with you.

If you missed our Potluck theme last week, be sure to click on the links and check out all the fabulous dishes everyone made.

*** Don't forget to check out the Optional Monthly Community Recipe - there's still a week to get your entries done, and you can post them using the linky at the end of this post. This month we're making Preserved Lemons, and you'll also find a round-up of all the Shakshuka dishes everyone posted last month.  This fun new IHCC feature is a great way to join in cooking one recipe as a group, to share your experiences and connect with other members of the group. ***


10 comments:

Susan Lindquist said...

Well, THESE were tasty!

Zosia said...

Bread fritters this week...they were like miniature frittata.

Kim said...

I noticed that Joanne wasn't linked up so I added her in.

Kim said...

***If anyone is in need of spices, seasonings, oils, etc. (sumac, za'tar, etc.) please consider visiting MySpiceSage.com. If you place an order for $25 you will get 1 free gram of saffron (quite a bit of saffron). In addition, you will qualify for free shipping and get your choice of another free spice upon checkout. A friend told me about their site and I was more than pleased with their service. I'm not sure if they take international orders or not. It may only be valid within the U.S.

Michelle B said...

Caramelized Garlic Tart was really good! I know I'm stretching the theme a bit :-)

Kim said...

Ok, so YO's fava bean burgers are mind-blowing delicious. As you well know, I'm a bit biased when it comes to beans, but this is by far my favorite YO recipes to date.

P.S. I added a bit of preserved lemon on my burgers (post coming soon) and I'm not sure what I think of them yet.

Deb in Hawaii said...

I made Fish and Caper Patties with Burnt Eggplant & Lemon Pickle. Yum!

This recipe uses the Quick Pickled Lemons as a condiment so it is my Optional Monthly Community Recipe entry too. ;-)

Kim said...

OK, so I just now realized that today is the end of the month. Wow, how did that happen? I had to go back and add my quick pickled lemons to my burger post. I'll have to give them a little more glory when I add them to his Moroccan Carrot Salad later in the week.

kitchen flavours said...

Chicken Meatballs with Preserved Lemons and Harissa Relish!
Delicious!
Kim, thanks for the links, shipping cost to M'sia here is much more that the cost of the spices! I found sumac two days ago! So happy! I have actually given up hope after searching for a couple of months, but found it quite by chance, when I wasn't looking for it! Now, with sumac, I can mix up some zatar! :)

Couscous & Consciousness said...

Phew!! I've been up against it the last week, but finally managed to get my post up. I did the Fish & Caper Kebabs with Burnt Aubergine & Quick Pickled Lemon. Loved, loved, loved this dish - one of my absolute favourites.